lördag 7 november 2015

Eftertankar om intervjun med John Carpenter i Leeds igår kväll / Reflections on the John Carpenter interview in Leeds last night

Back from the packed out John Carpenter event in Leeds Town Hall last night, an exclusive and truly fascinating interview with the living legend of cult horror cinema, followed by a beautiful screening of The Thing, a film that many fans around the world regard as Carpenter's finest masterpiece.

I've seen The Thing a hundred times in various formats since its first release back in 1982, but how the film looked last night, on the big screen in the stunning Victoria Hall, Leeds Town Hall, was for me the best ever presentation.

As for the one-hour interview, Carpenter was full of wit and his answers were straight to the point. My favourite JC quotes from the night:

"My father gave me the gift of music and my mother gave me the gift of fantasy." - JC

"I'm always working on a couple of movies." - JC

"Nothing looks better than the 35mm Panavision anamorphic format, as far as I am concerned. Nothing." - JC (this quote is similar to another JC quote from a 2012 interview: "the best movie system there is", JC has said about the 35mm Panavision.)  

"The score for Halloween was finished in three days." - JC

"Assault on Precinct 13 was an urban thriller disguised as a western." - JC

"I never thought there would come a time when I'd had to explain why it's important to go and see movies in the theatres. It's beyond me." - JC

Q: Which films of yours would be suitable for the video game market?
"Escape From New York would be a fine video game. And Assault on Precinct 13."

"I don't watch my own movies." - JC 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Utgivning i november 2015 / Release in November 2015: SYSTERSKUGGORNAS DANS - En actionpackad konspirationsthriller / My second (Swedish-language) novel, an action-packed conspiracy thriller


Förlag: Solentro
ISBN: 978-91-7565-261-0
Format: Storpocket (148 x 210 mm)
Antal sidor: 394
Genre: thriller/spänning/action/fantastik/SF
Utgivningsdatum: 2015-11-26​