lördag 5 september 2015

Wes Craven dies aged 76

The other day I was greatly saddened to learn that Wes Craven had died. Craven was one of the most significant horror filmmakers for three decades. He re-invented the genre with A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET and re-invented it again - and revitalized it - with the SCREAM franchise. No horror filmmaker understood teenagers - young adults - better than Wes Craven. Other career highlights were THE PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS, THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW, and MY SOUL TO TAKE, his last masterpiece. Wes Craven was, and still is, one of my favourite horror filmmakers. I shall miss him.


"I tried to make movies where I can honestly say I haven't seen that before and to follow my deepest intuitions and in some cases literally my dreams." - Wes Craven (1939-2015)